Today, I suggested to our program director that she keep an eye on the bad weather because we might need to close the office early.
It's sunny and 84 degrees.
I cannot be expected to work under these conditions.
Plus, there are only 9 people in our office today. Normally, we top out at almost 30. One person suggested we go to a 4-day work week since Fridays are always a ghost town. Like it.
Another recommended more of us should work from home. Unlike it.
I made a list over a year ago about why I couldn't work from home. Let's revisit, shall we?
- Easy access to a value pack of 100 frozen waffles.
- Talk shows.
- The nap after talk shows.
- No clear rationalization for vast array of handbags and shoes.
- Lizards.Lizards are so 2009. I now have ladybugs rallying the troops on my porch.
- My obsession with creating the perfect iTunes playlist.
- I can lie down anywhere in the "office" and no one will know.
- Very clear rationalization for vast array of pajama bottoms.
- Bathing moves quickly off my priority list.
Work from home. Good idea or bad idea?