1. What line from literature, movies, television, or music would you use to summarize your life?
"But these stories don’t mean anything
When you’ve got no one to tell them to"
Brandi Carlile, The Story
“You have a freak flag, you just don’t fly it.”
Luke Wilson, The Family Stone
“Our pets’ heads are falling off!”
Jim Carrey, Dumb and Dumber
2. Which celebrity would you like to be friends with in real life? What would you two do on a sunny Saturday? Vince Vaughn. It would need to be a sunny Friday because I want to surprise my husband at work and whisk him across the street for a greasy burger at Rotier’s, where the three of us will tell stories and laugh like we’re in a feel-good comedy – except we’re not, we’re just awesome – and Vince will punch me on the shoulder and shake his head and grin because I’m so witty and he likes my run-on sentences. Then he’ll give me a side hug and I’ll instagram it and my life will be complete.
3. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- A lazy, kidless picnic on a sunny day in Central Park with a hot guy named David.
Oh, gosh. There are too many. This one from the mid-80’s is clearly in the running. My hair is naturally curly, so obviously drying it into a thick, frizzy mat was a good call. But those bangs are the real star of the show. My brother called it The Butt Cut, and I’m just now realizing how mulletesque it was. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little proud of that. [hashtag party in the back]
5. What is your greatest extravagance? Showers. Specifically, showers where I have time to wash my hair AND shave my legs. If I actually get to close the shower door because I don’t have to listen for kids hurting each other or jumping off things, BONUS.
6. What is your favorite word and why?
Plettttthora. PlethorUH. That’s why.
7. What are some websites you frequent that other folks should also frequent?
- shereadstruth.com – Because truth is good. Also, it’s my job. But mainly the first thing.
- merriam-webster.com – Because I’m a nerd like that.
- sarahbessey.com – Because her words are like buttuh.
- noisetrade.com – Because the only thing I like more than good music is free, good music.