I have a great friend who is living out Philippians 2:12-13 which says "continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose."
He reminded me of some things that are so easy to forget:
1. Mountaintops don't last forever - you must visit the valley.
2. Demons are tough buggers and they know all your junk.
3. Christians make mistakes. Even big ones.
4. God likes to be all up in your business. For better or for worse.
5. You can stop your bad behavior. It's called free will.
I have had some fear & trembling recently about an array of issues. And trust me when I say that that part of the verse is not always snazzy. However, I must remember the "shakes" are completely worth being a part of "His good purposes."