Today we are in Vegas. My parents are the role models for tee-totaling, so they'll be very few vices. But there will be Blackjack. Because I said so.
The post was originally published on November 13, 2008. Share your vices. Make me feel better.
The economy is in the crapper. We should all be trying to save, right? I have tried to cut back in many areas, but there are some things that I cling to like guns and religion. Here's a list of five sacrifices I am not willing to make quite yet. I might seriously consider cutting them out if it came down to them or electricity in my home. Might.
1. Internet on my Phone. I crave it like heroin. Especially while I am driving. (Better to be surfing on the phone, than having a hit of heroin on the interstate...)
2. Tivo. Another drug of choice.
3. Cheez-Its. Cheese Nips and store-brand cheese crackers are for those missing taste buds at the tip of their tongues.
4. Face Products. I am now closer to death than I have ever been. Therefore, I will be fighting every wrinkle and age spot and puffiness with an arsenal comparable to that of the Taliban.
5. Chick-Fil-A. First of all, it simply tastes yummy. Second of all, it is really like tithing because it's "Christian Chicken." My debit card swipe for an 8-pack of nuggets is really an an act of worship. Wait...
What would you keep on buying even if your wallet suggested otherwise?