I tend to have some of the same New Year's Resolutions:
2. Learn a foreign language.
3. Make my bed every day.
4. Climb something tall.
I almost decided not to make this repetitive doomed-to-failure list. But then I thought "What's so bad about trying for some change, even if its shelf life doesn't last?"
So here is what I am not going to do this year:
1. Make my bed every day. It's comfy and cozy either way.
2. Be consumed with things I cannot control. I spend much too much time trying to "fix." No more.
3. Drink so much diet soda. I think aspartame is out to get me and my brain (and my muffin top).
4. Work on weekends. I love my job, but I need to love good books and good friends and good family and good road trips more.
5. Spend so much on little things. Time to get out of debt and travel even more.
As for a short list of things I will do:
1. Decrease my carbon footprint even more. Let the cashiers look at me with disdain when I plop my canvas bags on the counter - it won't bother me.
2. Memorize 2 scriptures a month. I need more of His Word in my ticker.
What are you going to do in 2009? Or not do...