Ten things I need everyday:
1. Coffee!! Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! And...coffee! Even better when it's in a Team Awesome mug from my wedding, or in a Cawfee mug from Fish's Eddy.
2. Lip gloss! As a super-pale, dark-haired, blue-eyed lady, I look dead without my gloss. It's not a good look. Even goth chicks wear lipstick, people.
3. My Filofax! While I don't like schlepping it around, I can't imagine not being with my Grape Filofax that I got last month. I mean, the thing tells me what to do with my day, my month, my year...How can I leave it at home, without a purpose? What would I do with the ideas that come into my big head? How would I know how to use my free time? I wouldn't. Duh.
4. Good reads! With the hour+ I spend commuting on the subway every day, I need something good to read so I don't have to make eye contact/listen to the homeless preacher man who says, "Relax your ass, and stop cursing. The white man lies!" Yes, that is an actual quote from the homeless preacher man on the subway today. Usually I read my New York or Time Out New York magazines, but I've been able to read some novels for my book club recently, too.
5. My orange business card holder! Soft and orange and buttery, it holds my work ID, a trillion business cards, my Metrocard, and any other card I pick up along the way. Look, I'm due for a free eyebrow threading in 2 more visits!
6. My BlackBerry! I like to say that I'm not addicted, but I left it at home once and immediately flashed on 10 horrible scenarios of not having my husband find me where we're supposed to meet up. Even though we planned everything in advance. I'm a bit of a worrier, but I blame my Jewish heritage - it's in my blood.
7. Booze! OK, so maybe not every day, but I need some wine or beer in my house at all times. Because nothing is better than taking a bath with a glass of wine, or watching TV with a glass of wine, or eating dinner with a glass of wine...you get the point. I highly suggest selecting your wine based on the name/label, as that's been going (mostly) well for me & the hubby for years. It's also fun to say, "Want a glass of Relax or Pure Evil?"
8. Twitter! Just because I call Twitter "my boyfriend" doesn't mean I love it. OK, I do. I love Twitter. Tweet me on @WhenIGroUpCoach so we can be twiends! And yes, talking like this does get out of hand. Twello to my tweeps!
9. Cheese! Honestly, I don't think a day goes by where I don't eat cheese. Mozzarella, cheddar & feta are always in my fridge. Not great for my thighs, but so good in my tummy.
10. My man! Aw, ain't that sappy? But seriously, I need my man. Who else is gonna make me delicious meals & sing me funny songs & make me laugh & tell me I'm cute & be all snuggly? My man is - that's who!