I’m surely not alone this week in taking a deep breath and considering those things for which I am grateful.
Here are ten for 2009.
- Microwave/Toaster Oven: It’s a hybrid. It provided for me when the gas company decided to halt my gaseous flow this summer simply because I didn’t mail them a check. They’re so particular.
- J-O-B: First, I have one. Plus, it became even better with an itty bitty promotion and new view of the taco truck down the street that sings its siren song over me daily.
- Sudafed: When I had the influenza, this purchase-behind-the-counter miracle was just that.
- Kara and Caryann: My two besties are oddly fabulous. One is trying to raise two young special boys and the other is trying to romance one special boy.
- Butter: Bakers kept telling me it is the Holy Grail. I finally decided to embrace the churned goodness. My coworkers are better for it.
- Green Pom Pom Slippers: My gas company can try as they might, but I have these. I don’t need ya stinkin’ heat.
- Mom & Dad: They’re kinda great. In that way where you get ginger ale when you’re sick and your new sink gets magically installed.
- Recycled Bags: This was the year when I completely converted to keeping the earth a tad tidier. And ticking off every cashier at the less-than-tidy Mal-Wart.
- Bugs, My Phone: I previously mocked those who cradled their iPhones close to their chest. Hi, my name is Jamie and I’m a cradler.
- God: I poked at His chest a bit this year and He let me. Then He asked me where I was when He created Mount Everest and I calmed down.
So let’s hear it. What gets your thankful going?