So no surprise that Christmas needs a melody. Here's the mix arriving shortly in the mailboxes of some of my favorite people.
Present company likely excluded. Due solely to a lack of postal fundage.
- The Chipmunk Song - I love kids who were adopted. Even if they are chipmunks.
- O Come All Ye Faithful - "Come let us adore Him." Not a bad way to approach the hectic holidays.
- Carol of the Bells - I always think of the Salvation Army volunteers who really are better people than me. "Good cheer to young and old."
- O Come O Come Emmanuel - Hope came. And He's coming again.
- I'll Be Home for Christmas - This is one of my Mom's favorites. So I kinda like it too.
- Joy To The World - Mariah Carey really does have one of the best holiday albums. Ever. Despite looking like an prosti-elf on the cover.
- Winter Snow - He could have come like a "roaring flood to wipe away the things we've scarred." He didn't.
- Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Best burglar stump ever. Thank you Macauley.
- What Child Is This? - Andrea Bocelli, Mary J. Blige and a partridge in a pear tree.
- O Holy Night - Oh Canada, merci pour Celine.
- River - Christmas isn't always happy. Especially when you break up before the present exchange.
- Come Thou Long Expected Jesus - "Born to set us free from fears..."
- Christmas Time is Here - Charlie. Brown. Rocks.
- Don't Save It All For Christmas Day - How great it would be to know love and to be love every day of the year. I'm good to make it to Sunday night.
- Winter Song - Spring is just a season away.
- Jesus Saves - He does.