Umm... Where have I been?
I've never been gone this long without forcing some of my life on you?
For those who might have missed me - my apologies. I have returned from the brink.
I think I might feel better if I could blame it on traveling the globe or some minor drama or winning a pageant.
By the way, how great would winning a pageant be? At almost-35 with a muffin top that won't quit. I could be Miss Otis Spunkmeyer. Or Ms.
By the way, how much do I hate that I can't be a "Miss" anymore? Why is etiquette advertising my marital status? But not in a sassy way like thirty, flirty, and thriving. Where's that title?
See, I still chase rabbits.
Here's a quick glimpse into the mundane slices of my life that have kept me from you.
1. Work Travel: Each fall, we pick a cozy place and plan and plot how to best serve families and children. It's much easier to do this with a veranda.
2. 40 Days of Prayer: More planning & plotting. But this is with God. Our church is hunkering down and practicing 2 Chronicles 7:14. This was an exercise in praying a "little boulder." You guessed it. The ministers at my church are dorks.
3. Baking for Toddlers: Not very riveting, but birthdays require cake pops, no? Minnie Mouse and Dora were satisfied customers.
4. Halloween: I embrace this holiday for the fun of it. Collage includes my homemade Deviled Egg costume; my godson and pastor as Vader and his archnemesis, Lil' Vader; and then there's my godbaby daddy, Joseph. He is Yukon Cornelius. Or a pasty Chilean miner. Bonus points for knowing where Yukon came from...
5. Jury Duty: Tomorrow's story. I promise, it needs its own post.