Rabbit Sidebar: What does that mean? Seriously. Busy is as busy does?
I'd like to make some recommendations birthed from the following Instagram moments.
2. Go to the dentist. Ever since I visited Mt. Vernon, the home of George Washington, and read about how painful his teeth issues made his life, I have been determined to take care of my chompers. Recently, Dr. Oz shared that 75% of people over 35 have periodontal disease. Regular brushing, flossing and trips to the dentist help prevent this. And despite my personal beliefs, flossing extra on the day you go to the dentist does not make that much of a difference.
3. Calm down. My friend Wade Kwon tweeted this week "Are you optimistic, pessimistic or in between? Can you choose your outlook, or is it how we're made?" My mom always said you choose the side of the bed you wake up on. Choose wisely. Choose joy.
4. Eat Cheez-its. It will help with #3. Plus, the Whole Grain flavor are scientifically proven to be better for you than fruits and vegetables combined.*
5. Enjoy the View. There are some pretty places all around us. Walk to them. Drive to them. Pack up some Cheez-its and picnic at them.
6. Charge Your Phone. I get mocked because whenever I stop moving, I'm charging my phone. I've purchased 6 cords to have at work, in the car, in my handbag, in my bathroom, in my bedroom and in my living room. This may seem over the top, but when my Dad was taken to the ER with breathing issues this week, I was the boy scout of the family with a fully charged phone.
He's feeling better and my phone is ready for the next unplanned adventure.
What do you love about your town? Do you go to the dentist? Which flavor of Cheez-its is your favorite?
*I am not an actual scientist. But I do look good in glasses.