My first blog post:
"I am attempting to blog. I have usually avoided the commitment due to my pride of trying to be witty and eloquent. I have sacrificed those goals in order to capture some moments. Bear with me."
That's not an excerpt. That was it. The posts that would follow would mirror the struggle to be interesting and share more than three sentences.
But it was a first step that led to some pretty fantastic things.
There were posts...more than 775 so far. A sampler plate.
- The Post About My College Boyfriend Possibly Being My Cousin
- The Post About Posts You Should Read To Understand Me Better
- The Post About God Telling Me To Shut It
- The Post About How A Southern Accent May Be Overrated
- The Post About Writing to My 16-Year-Old Self
- The Post About 10 Things Everyone Should Know How To Do
- The Post About Being Thankful in December
- The Post About the Importance of Fonts
- The Post About Guidelines for my Death
- The Post About The Beach Family Photo & Why It's Wrong
- The Post About How Road Trips With Jesus Take Longer
- The Post About Blogging Again Due to a Boy in Toms
I'm late. Have we already reviewed why pageant contestants who are 22 look like 39-yr-old pharmaceutical salespeople? #missamerica
— Jamie Golden (@JamiesRabbits) January 13, 2013
Blogging forced me to embrace Twitter as @JamiesRabbits. These 140 character snapshots have transformed my love of the Internet. Although I'm pretty sure after 14,000+ tweets I'm required to return my college degree.
Blogging led me to writing partnerships, podcast ventures, and even a brief cake pop business.
"Brief" because business IS HARD Y'ALL.
That's why today is a fresh start. A return to blogging. There may be glimpses of 3-sentence posts again, but I'm writing.